Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Football Controversies

IS AMERICAN FOOTBALL TOO DANGEROUS?

A reminder that, with all the talk of football concussions and the like, I covered the subject in 2012 in my ebook novel THE TOWER, which includes a protest group whose name is Pethby: People for the Ethical Treatment of Human Beings. I was being just a tad tongue-in-cheek.

I sought to make the work a smaller version of novels like Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, in that I kept the larger picture in my head, at the same time I engaged in set pieces (a football game; a protest) but also personal scenes, including lovemaking! (At which Tolstoy had few equals. The subtlety of the seduction scene in Anna Karenina is masterful.)

The novel The Tower by King Wenclas is one which combines feeling with intelligence and knowledge about the world we live in. It tries to understand the world we're trapped in, which should be the objective of every ambitious novelist. No easy task, but a worthy goal.

Buy The Tower by King Wenclas at Nook Books or Kindle Store now!

No comments:

Post a Comment